Friday 30 September 2011

Todays reading - Remember Who You Are


Today’s card is from The Archangel Oracle by Doreen Virtue. The illustration is by Marius Michael George.
 
Remember Who You Are – Archangel Michael



What a powerful message this card gives to us. Just say those words over a couple of times and see what emotions come up. It feels to me as if Archangel Michael is beaming his blue light through all the layers of who I am to the original spirit that stands behind me and is my true essence. The first time I got this card in a reading I felt a physical jolt that really made me stop and think.

Most of us search for who we are all through our adult life. Who are we, what are we doing here, what is our purpose? Questions, questions. But we actually DO know who we are. We have just wrapped ourselves in that many layers that we can’t find our way back again to that core being that was born in new human form knowing everything! Think now about how many times you have hidden who you really are because of a relationship with someone, not just a romantic one, but any sort of relationship. How many times have you wrapped a new layer of personality over the old, made yourself in a new image until you have now forgotten who the true I is? A few years ago I wrote this poem as I was going through a bit of an identity crisis. It is simply called I.

How do I interpret who I am?
Do I analyse the multifaceted edges of my person?
Do I piece together my life story,
Looking for the missing details of my journey?
Do I ask my friends, acquaintances,
Loved ones, for their version of me?
How do I see the real me?

Is there anything on the surface that can be called me?
The tones of light and dark that colour my perceptions
Are not who I am at the deepest level of my existence.
They are the jester, deceiver, a cloak of rich disguises,
A weave of many threads of undetermined colour and intensity
Never making up their mind as to which pattern is I.

I have so many cloaks in my wardrobe of the self,
So many and yet
Not one that is the true colour of I.

I will burn them all in the fires of my discontent
Until I lie as ashes at my feet,
Without disguise, without deception.

I feel the deep gratitude of relief
As I stand unfettered in my freedom
As I open my eyes, not to interpretation,
But to the source.
I.


So today stop and think. Unravel all the strands and follow them back, and then back again. Ask Archangel Michael to help you to remember who you really are. Once you find the source of you, you can relight the inner flame and show the world that underneath all the layers there is the most wonderful, loving and beautiful person that you have ever met!

For indepth readings please visit me at www.indigoreadings.co.uk or email me at indigo@indigoreadings.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment